Archive for May, 2012
This week (on the 21st May 2012) YouTube celebrated its seventh birthday and at the same time they released their latest set of user stats.
You may have heard that Facebook recently announced that it had 901 million active users. But did you know that nearly 800 million people around the world use YouTube each month! And one of the biggest growth areas for YouTube’s online videos is mobile access, which tripled during the last 12 months to 600 million views a day.
YouTube Traffic Stats
In terms of the latest traffic stats here are some of the key areas:
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day
- Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded every minute which is the equivalent of one hour of video being uploaded to YouTube every second (2011 = 35 hours)
- YouTube is now in 39 countries and 54 languages (2011 = 25 counties and 43 languages)
Mobile Traffic Stats
As mentioned above, YouTube now has 600 million views a day from mobile devices which represents 20% of all of the views on YouTube.
With the continued growth in smart phones and tablet devices this figure is bound to increase even further during 2012 and beyond.
YouTube is also a social networking site and the following stats certainly support that:
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched on Facebook every day and more than 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute.
Can You Afford To Ignore YouTube for Recruitment?
There is no doubt that video is very much part of today’s social media world. If you are looking for extra ways to drive traffic to your recruitment web site then as well as YouTube hosting your videos for free, they can also send you free traffic.
Have you published any recruitment videos on YouTube? Feel free to share your feedback below.